Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This Is the Day

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it (Psalms 118:24 KJV)."

What are we going to do with today? If you're reading this, God's granted you, as well as me, another day of life. What are we supposed to do with it? I don't know about you, but I start every day the same.

The question is asked, "choose you this day whom ye will serve (Joshua 24:15 KJV)?" This is one decision we must, and will make every day of our lives. God graciously gives us another day. Today, this day, my house and I will serve the Lord. What about you?

We Will Rejoice
Today's a day God made just for us. We will rejoice today. I love the word rejoice. It comes from a Hebrew root word which means to spin round under the influence of any violent emotion. How's that for an eye-opener! We'll spin around under violent emotion because today's the day God made for us. I would call that lively worship!

For A Day In God's Courts
Why would we worship God for today? "For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness (Psalms 84:10)." The word courts is derived from a Hebrew primitive root meaning to surround with a stockade. Just spending one day completely surrounded by the stockade of the presence of God is far better than spending thousands of days doing anything else.

I'd Rather Be In the House of My God
Oh how I long to be in the house of my God. "What? Know ye not that that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you (1Corinthians 6:19)?" I am God's house! If the Holy Spirit dwells within you, then you too are God's house.

I'd rather have one day in the house of God than thousands elsewhere. I'd rather have one day in the presence, the stockade, the courts, of my God than thousands elsewhere. When we choose to serve the Lord each day, we choose to spend the day in the presence of God. We're already in His house. We're already the doorkeeper of His house. We need to invite His presence into the house!

This is my prayer, my plea for today: "cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit away from me (Psalms 51:11 KJV)." God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment