Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thoughts For the Weekend

Monday I wrote of meditating in/on the Word of God. Tuesday was about rejoicing in the day that God has given us. Wednesday was about how God, our great Shepherd, will meet our needs. Thursday I offered a glimpse into the secret of the Lord. Friday was soup kitchen lunch day, a day of hands-on ministry in service of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If you want to get to know the God of all creation, get into his Word. If you want to have the ability to rejoice in every day, get into his Word. If you want to know the one who has the capability to meet your every need, get into his Word. If you want to learn of, and feast on the meat the God of heaven has to offer, get into his Word.

Last night I had the opportunity to participate in a prayer meeting with fifty or more people I've never seen before in my life. I witnessed hungry, thirsty souls crying out, seeking for God. I fear we, myself included, have become satisfied with who we are in Christ Jesus. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but when we reach a level of satisfaction that we no longer make it a point to seek him we're in danger of becoming like the Laodicean church spoken of in Revelation 3. This is their indictment: "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth (Re. 3:15-16 NKJV)."

Let's take this thought through the weekend: "Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore (Ps. 105:4 KJV)." God bless...

1 comment:

  1. PAUL!!GLAD THE PRAYER MEETING TOUCHED YOU!!AFTER THAT EXPERIENCE, NOW I KNOW WHY THEY STAYED IN THE UPPER ROOM TARRYING FOR SO LONG!!AND WE PRAY SENSELESS PRAYERS LIKE"SHOW US YOURGLORY, WHEN I SAYSHOW US A GLIMPSE OF YOUR GLORY"!!IF WE SAW HIS BACKSIDE, WE COULDN'T HANDLEIT!!FATHER FORGIVE US FOR WE KNOW NOT WHAT WE SAY(PRAY)!!

    ReplyDelete