Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Call Upon the Lord

"In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears (2Sa. 22:7 KJV)."

This is a tremendous Bible scripture loaded with truth. "In my distress" is a statement of reality. Is there not one of us who doesn't experience some form of distress almost daily? The word distress means a narrow place, as in serious trouble and affliction.

"I called upon the LORD" is a statement of action. I love the breakdown of this word, called. It's a primitive Hebrew root meaning to accost a person calling out to them by name. The statement, "I called upon the LORD", infers having a knowledge not only of God, but knowing his name.

"He did hear my voice out of his temple" is a promise literally loaded with power. The word voice means the sound of the voice. God hears the sound of our voice from his temple. The word temple is interesting. It means a large public building such as a temple in the sense of capacity. This word is derived from a primitive root which means, literally, can, could, may, or might be able to, attain, endure, overcome, have power, and prevail.

Today, I will call on the name of the LORD God, for through his name I will have power to endure and overcome all trouble and all affliction which brings me distress. "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it (Jn. 14:14 KJV)." Today, I call on the name of Jesus Christ; Amen. God bless...


No comments:

Post a Comment