Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Friend Request

Social networking via Facebook, MySpace, as well as many other forums and discussion groups opens a new world of opportunity and possibility for those willing to engage themselves in this exciting form of friendship and fellowship. I have made many new friends through the use of this medium. Many of them have been more of a friend than they'll ever know until I meet them face-to-face in heaven.

I got to thinking about all of the friends I've acquired yet never met in person. I thought of a particular one who sent me a message saying I didn't know her, but God placed me on her heart and she was praying for me. She had no idea I was going into a meeting that afternoon which had the potential to change my future drastically.

I thought of another friend, whom I've come to know as a sincere prayer warrior. She saw my profile picture and sent a message saying God had told her to pray for me. She had no idea that I was to preach one of the hardest, yet strongest messages I've ever preached that night.

I've requested and made many friends, many more than have rejected or "ignored" my requests. I've received many requests for friendship. I joked with a dear sister in my home church, "I accept 'em all and preach to them all the same!" Some choose to stick around, some choose to "defriend" me.

I couldn't help but think in the wee hours of the night what would I be if Jesus decided he needed a recommendation from one of his friends before accepting me as I am. Yes, I mean as I am, not as I was. I'm flesh and blood. This flesh and blood still possesses a strong will. My Friend, Jesus, accepts me still. If he accepts me as I am, there's no doubt he'll accept you as you are.

A close circle of dear friends is a cherished possession. Each of us should have an inner circle of friends upon whom we can call on, lean on, and trust in. These are "prized" friendships indeed. Yet even Jesus exposed himself to the masses. He even touched the lepers thus making himself "unclean". He even called to and touched this leper requesting me to be his friend.

I am a friend of God. What a glorious honor! What a tremendous witness! I am a friend of God. God continually requests our friendship from the moment of our existence.There are only two choices. The ignore button doesn't work for this request. You will either accept it or you are rejecting it.

Allow me to pass along a recommendation from a friend and brother whom I've never physically met. His words of recommendation have endured the test of time.

"O taste and see that the LORD is good (Ps. 34:8 KJV)."

I highly recommend all humanity accept the friendship request of the Lord. I have tasted and I have seen, my God, my Friend, he is good. God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment