Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reflections of the Journey

A friend asked me the other day to keep her updated about the journey God is leading me on. This request caused me to stop and think about where I've been and where it is I'm going.

"Before I formed thee in the belly, I knew thee (Jer. 1:5 KJV).

God knew me before I ever existed.

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also (Jn. 14:2-23 KJV)."

God knows the destination of this journey.

"And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know (Jn. 14:4 KJV)."

I know the final destination of this journey. I have the directions, the map, of how to get to the final destination of this journey. I know the path which I must take to reach the final destination of this journey.

The final destination of this journey is eternity. The map of directions is clear. The path, the way, we will take to reach eternity is known.

There are two locations in eternity. There are paths leading to each location. There is only one map. The paths are clearly marked. The locations are clearly identified. Location one is eternal life:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (Jesus, Jn. 14:6)."

The journey to the location of eternal life must go through the Lord Jesus Christ."

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12 KJV)."

Jesus Christ is the only Path, the only Way, to eternal life. Any other path, any other way, any other direction will lead to the other location, eternal death. The map of directions clearly distinguishes between the Path to life and all paths which to eternal death.

You are taking this journey to eternity whether you think you are or not. You are on a path leading to one of the two locations in eternity. You can't ignore it. You can't delay it. You have made your choice.

What makes this journey unique is that while you're traveling, you can change the choice of your final location in eternity. But you must always remember, there is only one Path to life.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (Jn. 3:16 KJV)."

God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment