Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Digging Into the Psalms

photo courtesy of stockxchng/ba1969
Two years ago I started an epic journey into the book of Psalms. I made it a point to read one psalm every day. In doing so, I've read the Psalms four times in the last two years. My eyes have been opened to many nuggets of pure gold contained in the ancient verses.


I began another leg of this journey of adventure on January 1st. While trying to get back into the groove of writing/blogging, I been throwing around the idea of blogging my experience of this journey through the Psalms day by day. Some days are, well, nothing exciting, just another Psalm reading. Other days are equivalent to getting knocked out of my chair by the golden truth the reading exposes!


Today's Psalm reading was Psalm 60. I won't start with it though. I want to go back to Psalm 1 and begin with there in my next blog post. I want to invite and encourage any interested to join with me on this journey. My hope is you'll be enlightened and blessed as you take this trip with me into one of the most engaging books in the Holy Bible.


I encourage you to join in with your comments, feedback, disagreements (I'm really opening myself up now!!), and just good conversation. God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment