Tuesday, March 22, 2011

God Knows Me

Photo courtesy stockxchng/asifthebes
"The LORD knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous (Psalm 1:6 AMP)."


Such a powerful promise from God though exciting, also causes me to search deeper into the though that God could know me. Out of all the billions of people who have walked this planet, God could know even me!


I wrote of how God knows the course of life the righteous take in my last post, Road Walked On - Digging Into the Psalms. I wrote of how God will appoint the course of life for the righteous. Yet as I was thinking about it later, I was led to this passage of scripture:


"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (Matthew 7:21-23 KJV)."


The words of Jesus, "I never knew you" are an attention grabber! It's obvious from this passage of scripture these people knew the name of Jesus. It's obvious they professed to know who he was. It's obvious they had accomplished many great works through the name of Jesus. By all appearances these people should be considered righteous; right? Yet Jesus said, "I never knew you."


We call him Lord. We know his name; Jesus. We build magnificent buildings in his name. We write, play, and sing many wonderful songs in his name. We make profession after profession of faith in his name. We prophesy in his name. We pray for healing and deliverance in his name. Yet does he know us?


Who is it whom God knows? He knows those who do the will of the Father. What is the will of the Father? Bearing fruit. "When you bear (produce) much fruit, my Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine (John 15:8 AMP)." Jesus spoke of bearing fruit again and again during his ministry. He spoke of sending reapers into the harvest to gather fruit unto eternal life (John 4:36). The fruit we are to bear is the souls we harvest for the kingdom of God.


We possess the power to be witnesses for Christ (Acts 1:8). We are commissioned to go and make disciples (Matthew 28:19). The course of world events has sparked an intense interest in eschatology. The fruit is ripe. The harvest is ready. Are there reapers willing to work to bring in the fruit of the harvest?


God give me a burden, a passion to share Christ with all. Lord, help me to be a branch which bears fruit. I want to be known of God. I don't want to stand before him and hear him say, "I don't know you."


God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment