Thursday, April 22, 2010

Open Your Mouth

"I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it (Ps. 81:10 KJV)."

Egypt is a metaphor for sin to the present-day Christian believer. It is God who has delivered us from the bondage of sin by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (Jn. 3:16 KJV)."


It is God who leads us through the wilderness of this present world to a land of promise, to a mansion of mansions, to an eternity with Him. To those of us who are still breathing, we're not there yet. We're pilgrims and strangers in this world through which we journey.


The God who frees us from our sin, "I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out," grants us this absolute promise:


     "Open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it."

Go ahead, think about it. Open your mouth wide. God will fill it. What are you hungry for? What are you searching for? What are you lacking? This is an absolute promise that God will fill it, grant it, or give it.

I don't know what you may want, but I'm hungry for a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit. I don't desire this for myself. This world is a dark, chaotic place, rapidly becoming void of anything godly. This earth was void and dark in the beginning. "And the Spirit of God moved (Ge. 1:2)." Yes, the Spirit hovered, brooded over the dark void of this earth.

I don't know about you, but I hunger for the Spirit of God to move, to hover, and to brood over this dark void earth has become. One more time, Holy Spirit; flow one more time. God bless...

No comments:

Post a Comment